If there is one thing that sets one website above the next, it’s great content. You have a story, you know what you want to say, but you may not know how to go about creating your “voice”.
If your content isn’t spot on, your audience won’t trust you. If you speak your voice and let our personality shine, you will come off as relatable and your audience will love you.
- Shine baby, shine! It’s time to let your work reflect who are you. If you are worried that your audience won’t like you if you are yourself, you don’t want them as clients anyways! The minute you let go who you think you should be, your world will open up and opportunities will fall into your lap. This is because when you are in tune with who you are, the universe tunes in too. Let yourself be apart of your work.
- Create content YOU would want to read. What interests you? What draws you to a blog or a website? What pictures make you double-tap the moment you see them? Create that content. Write those posts. When you are excited about something, your work reflects that.
- Know your stuff. Don’t write a post on website coding when you’ve never coded a day in your life. A quick Google search doesn’t cut it. If you aren’t knowledgeable on a subject, it will be obvious I promise you that. Write what you know. Don’t know a lot? Research baby! Documentaries, research papers, books, you name it. Know your stuff.
- Don’t be a robot. People don’t buy from robots. Post pictures of yourself and let you be your brand. Don’t be afraid to put your name on your work. Pull the trigger and post to your personal Facebook page about your passion. Let your business be a part of you and vise versa.
- Be honest. No one likes a liar, a cheat, or a fake. Obviously, over time you will change, everyone does. However do NOT be wishy-washy with what you stand for. Don’t say you stand behind a product and promote it to your audience when you have never used it a day in your life. Just because a company reaches out to you and wants you to put an ad out saying you love their product, doesn’t mean you should. Don’t be a sell out. That sounds harsh I know, but no body respects someone who lies to get ahead. If you truly love a product, shout it from the roof tops and make that money girl! Be honest, be real, but most importantly be YOU.